It is a busy weekend. As your daughter completes her sophomore year in college, she is planning to go out of the country for a month long study opportunity out of the country. As soon as she returns from this adventure, she is getting ready to move into her first dorm style apartment. After the the first two years of living in cramped and crowded spaces, the new apartment style dorm will be a welcome change. And while you know that the transition will require several trips to the furniture store, you hope that your previous work in interior design services will help you locate some pieces that will last beyond these lat two years in a college dorm and into her first real apartment.
From whole house remodeling to temporary college apartments, furniture stores can help most people decide what kinds of products will work best in a variety of spaces. A modern furniture gallery, for instance, can show potential customers a variety of ideas to inspire furniture store purchases that match a certain color scheme or design style.
consider some of these statistics about the furniture and interior design markets:
- $98.23 billion a year is generated in U.S. furniture and furnishings store sales.
- $695 billion is the forecast for the global market for furniture and floor coverings by the year 2019.
- 47% of Americans have not updated their home decor in the last five years. haven’t in more than 10 years.
- 9% of Americans have not updated their home decor in more than 10 years.
- Furniture is usually the third most expensive item a person will ever buy. The only two items that are more expensive are a house and a car.
- Not surprising, sustainable home improvement projects are increasing in popularity. In fact, these environmentally friendly purchases generate nearly 30% of the revenue generated at full-service remodeling firms. A full 20% of homeowners who reported spending money on home improvements in 2012 or 2013 also indicated that at least one of their projects was for the purpose of energy efficiency.
Whether you are looking for a couple of small pieces of furniture for your son or daughter’s first ever college apartment or you are looking to make environmentally friendly improvements to your aging home, many look toward furniture stores and other kinds of factory showrooms for ideas that they can implement into their own space.