The days are getting longer and the temperatures are finally getting warmer.
After what seems like the longest winter ever, you are looking forward to getting outside this next weekend and implementing the landscape lighting tips that you have heard about. Last spring you spent time working on the edging around all of the landscaping areas, but this summer you have decided that path lighting will be the newest improvement.
Exterior lighting installations add both function and drama to any area. Knowing that your addition also makes your property more safe is an added bonus. You have spent a number of weeks looking at examples of patio lighting, pond lighting, and other landscape lighting tips.
Landscaping Additions Add Both Value and Beauty to Commercial and Residential Properties
At the end of a long winter, there are many people who are looking forward to a weekend working in the yard. From implementing landscape lighting tips to replacing shrubs, as soon as the weather warms up it is time to make the changes that you want to see in your yard. Consider some of these facts and figures about the landscaping industry and the impact that it has on the attractiveness of your home, as well as the nation’s economy:
- 69% of home owners indicate that they use their outdoor spaces for relaxing.
- 83% of Americans think having a yard is important and as many as 90% of those with a yard think it is important that their yard is well-maintained.
- 73% of home owners indicated that they hired a professional for an outdoor project in the year 2016.
- The value of the worldwide outdoor lighting market will reach $56.6 billion by the year 2020, according to predictions reported by Transparency Market Research.
- 16% of homeowners consider outdoor lighting to be the most important front yard feature for increasing curb appeal, according to the the 2017 U.S. Houzz Landscaping Trends Study.
- 58% of home owners who upgraded their outdoor lighting in the year 2016 upgraded or added path, post, or bollard lights, according to the the 2017 U.S. Houzz Landscaping Trends Study. Another 41% of home owners focused on deck, step, or rail lights.
The long cold winter is finally over and a number of Americans are finally looking forward to getting outside to update and improve the landscaping on their property.